This card idea I taught recently at a class at Little Bits is great for teen through adult girls:
This is the new Butterfly Mannequin stamp from StampIt, and I have cut out her wings and popped up the dress part. A little bit of fussy cutting, but the effect is worth it I reckon. The wings have been shimmered with a Wink of Stella pen. I drew the frame by hand (which always makes me nervous!). Papers are by KaiserCraft.
When I get a spare afternoon (ha!) I think I'll make a batch of these in different colours, just to have some on hand.
This is a card to commemorate those times when you look around and realise that with all of its ups and downs, life really is wonderful:
That's beautifully textured Bazzill cardstock, with some Darkroom Door loveliness stamped in aqua. The Spellbinders butterfly was cut in several shades of blue and stitched together so that just a hint of colour is showing.
Loving the latest release of Spellbinders dies. Lots of lovely iconic shapes to create with....I'm in heaven!
This is a tag I made in a vintage French style:
It's a size 8 shipping tag, with Darkroom Door's French Script Texture stamp in black ink in the background. Papers from Prima's Cartographer 6x6 pad were then added, and the arrow and typewriter were cut from black cardstock. The feathers were cut from papers from the pad. The edges were all aged by sponging some brown ink on them.
Cutting shapes and then embossing while the die cut is in place really helps to bring out the detail in these amazing dies. Here's the typewriter and arrow:
and here's a close up of the feathers. A light sponging with brown ink helps to accentuate the veins:
This tag can now be added to the front of a card, or even presented as is on a gift.
It's new release time at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! The SCACD Design Team along with some amazing guest designers (me included!) have created an inspiring hop showcasing the new Elements SCACD rubber stamps.
I'm the last stop on the hop and you should have come here from Delphine's blog but if you'd like to start from the start, check out all the details at the SCACD blog.
After colouring Water Girl with Copic markers, I airbrushed a few watery colours onto a sheet of acetate. I then spritzed this with alcohol to create a water droplet look. I used my heat gun to warp the acetate, and attached it over the image with brads, making it look like Water Girl is underwater (I hope!).
This and all the rest of the new images are available in the US from SCACD. Folks outside the US can purchase through Quixotic Paperie.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you've enjoyed the hop!