Saturday 14 August 2021

TALL Flowers Stencil by Darkroom Door

 The new release from Darkroom Door contains a number of gorgeous stencils. Here is the Tall Flowers stencil on an art journal page I created:




Using a gel plate, I created a background using a number of blue acrylic colours. I then cleaned the gel plate, placed the stencil down, and added pink, yellow and burgundy paints through the flower outlines, then printed the flowers onto the blue background. When the paint dried, I replaced the stencil and added some paint to the tips of the flowers, then sprinkled embossing powder to these areas. The embossing powders give a nice opaque coat of colour over the acrylics.


I sponged some paint through the small Wildflowers Stencil, then sprinkled some purple embossing powder onto the tops of the flowers to highlight them, and then grabbed some gel pens and outlined the different elements of the page in different colours.

I stamped the sentiment from the Botanical Script Stamp Set onto cream paper, mounted this onto some boxboard, then trimmed it out into strips. I inked these with brown ink to help them look aged, then adhered them to the page. I added some bright orange stitching around the border with my sewing machine.

One of the things I love about Darkroom Door stencils is that the mask is included in the pack, and that opens up so many more exciting possibilities!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!