Wednesday 30 March 2016

Gel Press Fabric Basket

Hey there crafty people! The team at Gel Press have put together a monthly blog hop.  Here's the deal:


Thank you for joining our first Gel Press Blog Hop! We will have a challenge every month. This gives you the opportunity to play along AND win a Gel Press for yourself. This month you can win an 8" Round Gel Press Plate!!  

Here's the link list for you to visit:



Teresa  > You're here now

Here's my project for you - a fabric basket:


 ..and here's how I made it:

Step 1 
Gather tools and materials - Gel Press 8" Printing Plate, brayer, acrylic paint, fabric (I have used a sample pack of upholstery fabric - something nice and thick). You'll also need your favourite stencil.


Step 2
Spread a thick layer of pink paint on the Gel Press plate, place the fabric on it and smooth it out with your hand to ensure good coverage. Peel back slowly.


Step 3
Spread a layer of red paint onto the Gel Press Plate, place a stencil over it, then smooth the fabric over the stencil. Peel back slowly.

Step 4
While I had all the supplies out, I thought I'd make a couple more prints in different colours. Once they were dry I cut them all out with scissors:

 I found this fabulous tutorial on the internet to sew the baskets together :
 http://aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2011/03/tutorial-gathered-round-basket/
 and finished up with these beauties:

 Which I promptly filled with crafting essentials:
 
 No prizes for guessing which one is my favourite LOL

Now, back to blog hop business:

Enter by going to all of the blogs (listed above). Leave a comment on the Gel Press Blog telling us your favourite project. You can comment between now and April 7. 

Winner to be announced on Gel Press Junkies on Facebook and Gel Press product page April 8th!  You will have your 8" Round Gel Press to make a project to play along with our Earth Day designs April 22! 

Enjoy the projects and good luck!


27 comments:

  1. Oh these baskets are sooo super cute!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very functional project to make with the gel press! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Will have to make some for my sewing area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I know that the basket filled with chocolate is my favorite, lol Love that it's considered a crafting essential! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute baskets! Another great use for the round gel press!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute, love the baskets! Very happy and pretty colors. Thanks for sharing and a great Hop!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to working with fabric. I have some silk organza that I want to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I have basket case envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CLEVER! Great job thinking outside the box lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the baskets, but I don't sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so very cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great project!! I am going to do this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anastasia Nute31 March, 2016 08:15

    very creative and innovative use of materials. Thanks for sharing! Oz rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very creative. loving these baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so stinking cute. I love the coordinating print idea. I would have a hard time filling them because doing that would cover up the prints. Argh...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these baskets! Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute and clever way to use the gel press. Thanks for the good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, i love your baskets :) very nice!
    what a great idea,
    Wiebine

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a gorgeous project! Perfect colors and a sweet addition to the art room! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  20. Teresa - I love the idea of making gel press baskets! This blog hop has opened my eyes to the potential of fabric. These baskets will make great gifts! Thank you for sharing the idea and the process. Also, I loved seeing the other examples, pink is not my most favourite colour, so seeing the others was jolly good!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very interesting way to use the gel print. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are super cute and I have in mind to do some printing on fabric. These are
    Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!