Tuesday 15 March 2011

Jake turned 11!

Where have the past 11 years gone? This birthday more than any other year, I remembered the day Jacob was born with almost crystal clarity. Don't they say that when people get old, they remember the distant past more vividly than the recent past? Hope this doesn't signal the downhill slide to the nursing home! Now what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, Jake's birthday.  Here's the card I made for him:


The gorgeous alpha is from Scrapware, the imagine metal tag is Tim Holtz, embellished with just a little piece of tea stained twill from the very wonderful Melissa Phillips,  and the Colour Spray is Walnut from Twiddleybitz. There's a scrap of muslin and some hessian under a piece of stripped cardboard. Horizontal and vertical stripes in the cardboard, the alpha and the hessian. Hmmmmm......I do love stripes.

I think I love the kraft/cream/white combo! Jake was touched by the card and what his mumma wrote inside - all about us being proud of who he is. I think it's important for boys to hear that.

Thanks for dropping in for a look, and thanks in advance for any comments you care to leave :)


 

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! My oldest son turns 7 on Wednesday, and I love telling him how proud of him we are. I know he loves hearing it...thoughts and memories they store in their minds forever. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love all the dimension and mixture of textures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!