Saturday 13 December 2008

more on the ARTful journal

I've had a couple of emails asking for more info on the ARTful journal I made, so here are some close ups. This is the cover, complete with windows (some people put little micro beads in the windows to add some movement to their covers). I used a bunch of Collections products, some old tape measure, some Tim Holtz papers, old text, gauze, flyscreen mesh and a couple of different patterned papers.


This is the spine - I'm quite fond of tying scraps of ribbon to the spine - I love the feel of it:


And this is one of the inner pages:


I hope the pocket concept is self explanatory. It's really just a matter of folding back the bottom of the cardstock and securing it on one side (in my book I used staples), and the other side is held together with the wire coil used in binding. For the front of the page I used my very favourite Odd Bird Planet stamp - Michelle's scroll, and the word April is from the Darkroom Door calendar set.
I hope that helps, thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado un trabajo precioso, Teresa. como tus últimas tarjetas. Me encantan.
    Muchas gracias por tus comentarios en mi blog. Y disfruta de unas navidades más calentitas que las nuestras :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Work Teresa Im so glad you put a close up of the journal stunning work girl
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!