Monday 7 April 2014

SCACD Water Girl and a Blog Hop

It's new release time at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! The SCACD Design Team along with some amazing guest designers (me included!) have created an inspiring hop showcasing the new Elements SCACD rubber stamps. I'm the last stop on the hop and you should have come here from Delphine's blog but if you'd like to start from the start, check out all the details at the SCACD blog.

Here's my project using the new Water Girl image:



After colouring Water Girl with Copic markers, I airbrushed a few watery colours onto a sheet of acetate. I then spritzed this with alcohol to create a water droplet look. I used my heat gun to warp the acetate, and attached it over the image with brads, making it look like Water Girl is underwater (I hope!).

This and all the rest of the new images are available in the US from SCACD. Folks outside the US can purchase through Quixotic Paperie.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you've enjoyed the hop!



6 comments:

  1. Very cool touch with the acetate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa - Thanks for Guesting with us and sharing your cool talent :D Love how you used the acetate to create a truly under the sea vibe <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! So clever to use the acetate. Yes, it does look as though she is underwater!

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful love your acetate affect. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever, Teresa! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, she looks fabulous underwater! :^) Love the way you colored her, and the use of the acetate was a brilliant idea! Love the neutral bg you put her on, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!