Wednesday 18 September 2013

Darkroom Door Butterfly Eclectic Stamp

I was thrilled to see this beautiful butterfly image in the latest release. It's really quite a versatile one having open areas for adding colour, yet detailed enough to leave uncoloured as well.

I love that it can suit a number of styles.  Here's soft and pretty:


I stamped it with StazOn Stone Grey ink, cut it out and sponged the edges lightly with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The papers are Melissa Frances and the word is an SRM sticker.

And here it is on an arty and brightly coloured card:



The background was made with Distress Inks through a Crafter's Workshop stencil. The butterfly was stamped on some cardstock that had old book page glued to it, then coloured with Broken China Distress Stain.  It has a light application of Stickles and some adhesive bling along the body too. A little string and some sequins were added, and a sentiment from the new Simple Sayings set was stamped in the top corner.
Thanks for looking - I hope you're finding the work from the design team as awe-inspiring as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!