Thursday 29 August 2013

New Box Brownies stamp set from Darkroom Door

It was so nice to receive some brownies that aren't going to go straight to my hips! I'm talking about one of the new sets of stamps from Darkroom Door called Box Brownies. It's a collection of images with a vintage photography theme, so a couple of vintage style projects were in order.

First up, a card:


I cut some circles out of scraps of brown cardstock, then stacked the negative pieces to make it look like the iris of a camera. Here's a close up so you can see what I mean:

 
Next up, I did what I often do with a set of new stamps - make a book. It gives me a really good chance to see how well the images work together. One of the larger cameras was the perfect size for the front of a little accordion book:


and the pages inside gave me a fantastic opportunity to add some Photobooth images from the various sheets Darkroom Door produces:


And just for fun, and to explore the versatility of such an iconic image, I pulled out my fluoro inks and my Alphabet Medley stamp set and went a bit Warhol for a party invitation:


I hope you've enjoyed this little tour around the new Box Brownie set of stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!