Thursday 7 March 2013

New Darkroom Door Australian Animals

So excited to be working with this set! Finally, some excellent images of our gorgeous fauna that aren't in cartoon!

Here are some of my samples that I made using Australian Animals Vol 1:

For this first card, I stamped the emu in black Archival ink onto a page from an old book. I just can't resist a punny sentiment,:

 
ps - that's not a real emu feather. The emu we have in our backyard got a bit testy when I tried to pluck one from his back so I had to improvise ;)
 
This second card uses the image of the frill-necked lizard:
 
 
The inside of the card reads "wishing you a day full of frills."
 
This last project is an altered frame - I gave it a whitewash and replaced the glass with some chicken wire and scrapbook paper. I then pegged my images to it:


I wanted to play around with the chalkboard technique that's so popular of late, and I thought these animals would look fabulous! The images have been stamped with white ink onto black cardstock. Some white ink was then smeared into the background, and I then added some detail with the Scratches Background stamp.

 
I might eventually add these prepared images to another project, but for now I'm enjoying them on the chicken wire frame. A bit of art for my heart :)
 
Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. lol...I sure wouldn't take on an emu for a feather either! I love the chicken wire effect with the chalkboard technique...everything just looks so natural.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! The faux chalkboard is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!