Thursday 7 March 2013

Vintage Bathing Beauties

I love seeing these vintage images of people having fun. Some of the photos from the time are really quite serious, so it's nice to know our ancestors could let their hair down and have some fun occasionally.

This image of a bunch of ladies sitting in a row with bathing costumes on has become a favourite. It's called Bathing Beauty Row. Here's a card I made:

 
 
Lots of tea-stained gauze in the background, with some shells and sea stars in a cluster. The word 'moments' is a rub-on by Kaisercraft.
 
The ladies are obviously sitting on something, so I stamped the image twice, and tore the top off the image on brown paper. I then carefully matched it up to the blue top half, and voila! A wall for the ladies to sit on. Here's a close up, and you can see the join inside the red circle:
 

Thanks for dropping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!