Wednesday 20 June 2012

Art Journal Circle Group

I was contacted a while ago by Lucy, who was looking for expressions of interest in joining a circle journal group. The idea was she would make a bunch of journals and we would work in them and then post them off to the next person. The theme for this swap is "What would you tell your 20 year old self?" Thought provoking topic!

This is one of the journals made by Lucy:


Stunning, isn't it?

I was honoured to have been asked - I saw some names on the participant list that made me gasp. People I had admired for a long time.

And then I got really good at procrastinating. Between that and running a household with three (make that four) kids, working plus all my other DT committments, the journal kept getting put off. A couple of weekends ago at camp, I got stuck into the two journals I now had in my possession, and badda bing! They were done. And I had some fun doing them to boot.

Here's some of what I did in the first journal:

 



Some paint, some texture medium, pretty paper, some chipboard.....I was in heaven!

I look forward to seeing these journals complete in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!