Saturday 9 April 2011

Needed some rest

Well, as you can tell, last weekend really knocked me for six! Paperific was wonderful, but lots and lots of work, so I've taken some time to recover.

I realise I haven't posted the current challenge at The Studio Challenges. The challenge was to scrap about a place that is significant to you. Hands down - my special place is the beach. Here's my layout:


I used a photo I took at Wilson's Prom on Australia Day. It's the most wonderful beach - lots of safe area for the kids to play in. Just as I remember it from when I was a kid :)

I drybrushed the background with some white acrylic paint, the papers are from Graphic 45, the alpha is American Crafts and the starfish is from the Shell Museum at Lakes Entrance.  I wrote the journaling around the photo.


Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back soon with more stuff to show.

 

3 comments:

  1. This is fab. So simple, but so effective. I will have to try the acrylic paint mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout.Wanna go to that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo. Absolutely beautiful layout. The background is amazing. I also love that paper ruffle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!