Wednesday 29 December 2010

Thank you!!

That's the theme this week over at Papertake Weekly. I was honoured to be chosen as one of the guest designers this week - here's my card:


The patterned paper and alpha are Basic Grey, and the flower is Prima. There's also some scrunched seam binding behind the flower, and some coffee stained lace trim under the word.

From me to you - blog reader - I thank you for popping in to check out my blog from time to time. I hope you find something that inspires you. Thank you also for taking a moment to leave a comment - your comments make me feel loved.

It has been a year of ups and downs. I've lost two important people and I've had a few friends and family members who have been very ill. I've seen the ugly side of life too many times, and have been left wondering why people would go out of their way to hurt others, but I don't want to forget the year all together - I will look at it as a period of tremendous personal growth. I will learn from all that has happened and carry into the new year all of the positive things with the hope that they will grow and far outweigh the negative. A big fat raspberry to all the negative, and a huuuuuge big warm hug for the positive!

This will likely be my last post for 2010, so I wish all of you a very happy and safe new year.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

  

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and I like the idea of the big fat raspeberry to the negative!
    Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
    Happy New Year
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, WOW I just love what you have written. I too have had a bit of a year but going to go forward into 2011 with Positivity and a big raspberry to the negativity!!!
    The card is super, Love the big flower its super. Love Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are still on my list of favourite people

    lots of looooooove to you

    robbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to all that! Life is for living girl, so live. It's far too short as it is, and residing in the negative is one way of making it shorter, faster. All the best for a big, bright 2011 - I love reading your blog and I really sigh over your work - it's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Teresa. This year seems to have been a hard one for lots of people, here's hoping 2011 will be much more positive. Have a very Happy New Year and a really creative 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is fabulous.

    I'm sorry you've had a rough year. 2010 sure had its ups and downs for lots of people.

    I also don't understand how people can be so rotten to one another, when it takes less effort to just be pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!