Tuesday 1 June 2010

Australia's Copic Card Challenge

I did little else but work on this today.  That's not true at all, I got a lot done, but most of it was housework, and that sort of talk has no place here on my happy blog!

For this challenge, we have to use three particular Copic colours (E02, Y06 and BV02) on a card.  Not three colours I'd normally put together myself, but I can roll with it.  Here's my card:



A bit of flick feather blending on the dress, scarf and bag, and a bit of experimenting with hair colour, and the image was coloured.  I thought I'd ground her on some brickwork, as seen on Andrea's video, and then all I had to do was find some co-ordinating paper.  The ribbon and diamonds were coloured with Copics too.

I wanted to highlight some areas with glitter, so I used my clear Spica pen.  Here's a close up:

See along the bottom of her dress?  I'm glad this challenge will be judged in person - I find it hard to capture glitter/shimmer with a camera.

You've still got a couple of days to enter - see all the details here. The prize is well worth the effort I tell ya!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!