Tuesday 10 July 2007

What I got up to on the weekend

I had the pleasure of attending a couple of workshops organised by the Calligraphy Society of Victoria as part of their Summer School in Winter (SSIW). The tutor was one of my all time favourite artists - Jacinta Leishman who taught us some interesting transfer techniques, backgrounds, stamping onto velvet and many other tricks you'll be seeing a bit more in my work.
Participants at SSIW are into swapping pins, which is a nice change from swapping ATCs. The photo above is of the pins I swapped. Mine is the pink flower with the button in the centre. I whipped these up when I got home on Saturday night. My four year old daughter punched the flowers for me - she did a better job than I could at that hour. I was exhausted after the workshop - one could almost say "sooky-tired".

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Beautiful work. Glad to meet another Teresa who spells her name correctly :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!