Monday 12 March 2007

Here we go

We're virtually half way through March now, soon it'll be school holidays, Easter then Christmas and the new year will be over! Blink and you'll miss it. I know sleep is necessary to maintain health, but it is seriously taking up too much of my time. I've just got too much to get done - I can sleep when I'm dead!!
Here's some of the work I've done in the last week or so:



My boy Jake turned 7 today. He's so proud of himself, and we're kinda proud of him too. If it's one thing boys love is to see their name on a personalised card. What they love even more is to see their photo. He thought this card was just hilarious. Making Memories papers, Bazzill cardstock, Hero Arts Happy stamp, Inkadinkado Happy Birthday, and Purple Onion alphabets.



I loved the colour scheme so much I thought I'd stick with it! Same supplies as above, but this is a card for a girlfriend of mine. Come to think of it, this is quite a versatile colour scheme. And there I was thinking blue and brown are masculine!









This is my gorgeous little niece Isabel again. These thank you cards were designed by moi, and made by my sister Lil, our friend Paula and myself one Saturday night. The B&W photo was printed on Kodak photo paper at home, and mounted onto bookboard. Bazzill cardstock, baby stamp by Savvy, alphabet by Purple Onion. We coloured the letters in with white Souffle pen to lift them up a little out of that soft pink colour.



Last weekend I was fortunate to be asked to go along to a Making Memories workshop by Lesley from Little Bits, Keysborough. This is the shop where I teach some classes. The workshop was exhausting, we were kept on the go all day doing gorgeous project after gorgeous project. It was a brilliant opportunity to experience their products, which I've always thought were brilliant anyway! These blocks were the first project, the idea is to add B & W photos to them. They're stunning, aren't they?

And last of all is another swap I was involved with - this is using Collections Tiles again, but decorating them using the Industria technique. I found some of these metal alphabets in a $2 shop and stocked up on them - perfect for Industria. Lesley gave me some of those silver picture hooks, and my brother-in-law Sam gave me some of that mesh to use in my work (he runs a fly screen business). I did pay for the arrows tho!

Can't wait to get this swap back. I don't know if it's the Industria style, or the miniature size, or the fact that I just adore everyone's work in this group.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!