Saturday 6 August 2011

Drawers done up

Absolutely ages ago, I won some Kaiser drawers.  I had in mind what I wanted to do with them, and even bought the stuff to decorate them, but there they sat.  Until I needed somewhere to store my growing collection of Green Tara paper roses. That's when I pulled them out, dusted them off and got to work.  Here's the finished piece:


I used some Art de Fleur photochips from Darkroom Door, some Kaiser 12x12 paper for the sides and some Tim Holtz Curio Knobs.  I could only find two of the three packs of knobs I bought, so I used a stack of buttons, a glass bottle with a cork and a Tim Holtz Fractured Doll for the remaining three drawers.  The drawers themselves are made from chipboard, so they're light weight.  I left the MDF frame raw, I just sponged some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to help make it look a little more aged.  Here's a close up:



Thanks for looking.

 

11 comments:

  1. Wowwwww Teresa, this is amazing! I love it.

    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa you did an awesome work. Love the buttons knobs and the soft colors. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this over at Darkroom Door - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a set of those drawers sitting half finished in my room. You have inspired me to go and finish them. Love the use of the photochips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeousTeresa! I'm with Lynn - I have the same set of drawers sitting half finished in my room too. Mine are red, black , and white - not neatly as pretty as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These drawers are gorgeous Teresa. Thank you for sharing them with us. All the elements go together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is so wonderful. Full of details and so elegant.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous set of drawers, & I love the combination of feature knobs, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!