Friday 6 August 2021

Large Honeycomb Stencil from Darkroom Door


 I had a play with Darkroom Door's new Honeycomb stencil and created a set of bee-themed cards:



You can see the stencil at the bottom right of the photo. Not only does it have the hexagon grid, it also has some solid hexagons, which helps create some interesting blank spaces within the pattern.

I mixed some Fossilized Amber Distress Ink reinker with some texture paste to make it yellow, and spread it in patches over the stencil onto a sheet of white card. When the texture paste dried, I cut the sheet up into pieces that would fit the front of a C6 card.


I stamped the Postcards Texture stamp with Distress Oxide ink, then used the sentiment and bees from the Buzzing Bees Stamp Set with some black ink. I then stitched a partial border with black thread before adhering to some coordinating patterned paper then onto a card:

This was a fun afternoon project - a set of cards to gift to someone I know who loves bees and the colour yellow.

Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!