Saturday 31 October 2020

CASE me a Christmas Card Challenge

 The lovely Michelle Lupton has her annual challenge running again. 


This year she's hosting a bunch of cardmakers from around the globe, and our challenge is to case one of her creations from her blog.

Michelle's take on one of my cards can be found here

This is the beautiful card I chose. You'll find it here on Michelle's blog:


What I loved about it that made me want to case it:

  • the colour scheme is awesome
  • love the repetition of stripes of colour
  • love the subtle glitter effect on the word JOY

Here's what I came up with:



I used Waffle Flower's Nesting Circles dies (there are heaps of circles in this set!), and the words are from an old Simon Says Stamp die set.

While I had everything I needed out, why make just one card when you can make five? Here we go:



The Merry Christmas stamp is MFT, the ink is Catherine Pooler's Skylight and I used Altenew's Transluscent Pearl embossing powder over the top of it for just a touch of sparkle.



The card above uses a Paper Rose Studio stamp set together with a Pinkfresh Studio die.


^The leaf dies and the stamp are from Paper Rose Studio.

...and last but not least, the deer head and the word 'merry' are Paper Rose Studio, and the Christmas die is an old Simon Says Stamp.

Michelle - thank you for once again including me in your annual challenge! A showcase of cardmaking talent from around the world is just what the soul needs after the year we've all had. Check out all of the amazing artists on Michelle's blog:

https://handmade-by-michelle.blogspot.com/

I love Michelle's blog - it is one of the most inspiring places on the internet.

Thanks for dropping in everyone!

4 comments:

  1. 5 cards! And they’re all AMAZING! Thank you so much for being my guest, and for your kind words- You have no idea how much they cheered me up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic case of Michelle's card and all your creations are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love these! 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!