Wednesday 22 April 2020

Darkroom Door Cascading Stars Stencil

I had a play with the new Cascading Stars Stencil from Darkroom Door  - love that it has the smaller stars as well as the big one at the bottom.

For this first card, I sponged some Dylusions paints onto a kraft card. To fill the background a little more, I lifted the stencil off, dried the paint, then put the stencil back onto the background in a different position to give me more stars. The word is from the Whimsical Words stamp set:



For this second card, I sponged some Distress Ink through the stencil over a watercolour background The stamps on the card are from the Home Sweet Home stamp set



 And for this last card, I sponged some Distress Oxide ink through the giant star (it spanned the width of the card!), and with the stencil in place, stamped the Starry Night Background stamp with the same ink. The rest of the stars came from the Stars stamp set, and the words from the Dream Big Sentiment stamp. A little silver paint spatter completes the card:


Here's a tip: spray the back of the stencil with a little low tack spray adhesive (you might be able to find some 'stencil spray'). This will stop it moving around while you are working through it.

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!