Sunday 8 March 2020

Open Sea by Darkroom Door

Well hello!

I grabbed a few moments to create a couple of cards using the new Open Sea Quote stamp from Darkroom Door.

This first one is stamped onto vellum with StazOn ink, and incorporates the Fishing Net Background stamp with some images from the Sail Away stamp set.







Of course, being a sea-themed quote, I couldn't resist making one with blue colours:


I created a background using Couture Creations Alcohol Inks on Yupo paper, then stamped on the reverse with StazOn ink. The result is reminiscent of swirly ocean and dreamy white clouds:



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful. I noticed you stamped on the reverse of the yupo. I've never thought of that, it must have been lightweight very transparent yupo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Yes - it's very thin Yupo. 120gsm from Couture Creations. Regular Yupo is usually around 200gsm. It gives a lovely vellum finish - LOVE the stuff for alcohol ink work!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!