Monday 18 March 2013

Darkroom Door Sydney stamps

The latest release from Darkroom Door includes a couple of sets of stamps with iconic images of Sydney.  I made these cards with the Sydney Vol 2 set:


I had a go at stamping the images onto acetate - fortunately the acetate gods were smiling, and I got perfect impressions :) Of course, I did make sure my acetate was perfectly clean of fingerprints (used window cleaner), and my StazOn ink pad was freshly re-inked.

I then put the images behind the Regal Frame, and mounted it over some dictionary page. I stamped Stone background on the card front, and adhered the frame onto this.


I added some colour using Distress Inks. Each of the cards was finished off with a little image from Sydney Filmstip Vol 2, and a title from Sydney Wordstrip.  The extra little images in the set - the postmarks etc came in handy for the background on the dictionary page and for adding some detail to the Filmstrip images.

Here's the Harbour Bridge card, with a touch of added colour:


The pages I tore out of the old dictionary weren't exactly random - take a close look:



"Opera"and "bridge". Won't the recipient of the card feel clever for discovering that?!? Of course, it may need to be pointed out to some ;)

Thanks for looking - I hope you're finding the creative team projects as inspiring as I am. Pop on over to the Darkroom Door blog and check them out!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!