Thursday 18 October 2012

Spellbinder cards

This type of background seems really popular lately - I've seen it described as a pie chart. It's essentially taking wedges of paper and gluing them together until they meet up again in a circle. Not sure if I'm making sense LOL here's a photo:

 
I used my Nested Pennants Nestabilities to cut the wedges, JustRite stamps and the gorgeous patterned paper is Vintage Marketplace from Bazzill.
 
For this next card, I cut the butterfly from the oval shape, and replaced it with an identical butterfly shape cut with different patterned paper:
 
 
And here's a side view so you can see that I never glue down the wings of a butterfly:
 

I embellished the butterfly with some sparkly Blingabilities, and added some flowers from Bazzill to complete the card.

You can find all the details on materials at the DownUnder Direct Inspiration blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!