Saturday 8 October 2011

This year's collaborative book

A whole month or more ago, my friend Greta came over and we bound this year's ArtyOz collaborative book. The theme was the 7 deadly sins, and each sin was assigned a different colour. We decided to make the covers multi coloured, and they turned out beautifully, even if I do say so myself!

Lots and lots of different trims and embellishments - I love running my hand over it and feeling all the different textures.

 You can see here, it ended up being quite a chunky book:



 Here's my page (Sloth in Sepia):


 I used an old book page stained with shellac, a piece of brown satin fabric scrunched up behind the photo, a piece of mica on top of the photo, some Prima flowers and a Green Tara flower. The Green Tara flower started life out as spearmint green would you believe? It's coffee stained.   The title was done using the Darkroom Door alphabet. Love this alpha - you don't need to be too accurate with it, it always looks good.

A huge thanks to Greta for getting me motivated to finish these covers - I couldn't have done it without your help and advice, and I loved spending some creative time with you. We should do it more often!!!

Thanks for looking!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa, I was only a workhorse -(and a slow one at that) LOL the design was all yours.. Your photos are beautiful, I have been meaning to photograph it and put it in a group folder, but I just haven't got around to it yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!