Saturday 5 February 2011

Friends

Here's a shadow box I made with some more new pieces from Twiddleybitz:


This a photo of Jake and Lou, walking down some steps at Erskine Falls. I used one of the new 6x6 shadow boxes, covered in moss to fit in with all of the foliage that frames the photo. I painted the mushrooms with acrylic paints, and then coated them with Dimensional Magic. This had to dry overnight, and it does no good to get impatient with Dimensional Magic (you can just guess at how I acquired that knowledge!).


I used some Crackle Paint on the word - you can just make out the crackle in the photo above. The crackle paint and moss gave the whole piece a woodland, organic feel.  The box was put together with PVA glue - it's really the best bond for chipboard.

Thanks for looking!

 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!