Thursday 16 August 2007

Up late again


I think it's pretty safe to assume that when I have something to share in my blog, it means I've been up pretty late (4am), and I'm really really tired and irritable. If I don't skip some sleep, I'd never get to indulge in my favourite passtime.

Anyway, this is a mini canvas I've done using justjohanna stamps. I smeared a thin layer of impasto onto the canvas, and stamped into it (love that scroll!). When that dried, I used twinklings to bring out the texture, and then cut out the fancy cage and bird. It still need a little something, so I swiped the edges of the canvas with Versamark ink and sprinkled them with some gold embossing powder. Voila! (Apologies for the poor photo quality - the shimmer and shine makes it really hard to capture.)

2 comments:

  1. Heat embossing on canvas? I would never have thought of trying that. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing work...I love the tiny canvas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!