Monday 26 March 2007

Another birthday!

This time it's my big girl Rachel - she turned 4 on Friday. She's so proud of this achievement. I took her shopping on Saturday, and she'd walk into a shop, check the label on the item of clothing, and say "YEP" if it was a size 4, and "NOPE" if it wasn't. Didn't matter what the garment was - and she did pick out some doosies!


Anyway, this is the card I made her. She liked it because it had some pink on it, and because it was big like her. It's a huge 5.5 x 12 inch (a 12 x 12 sheet of Bazzill folded in half, with a little bit trimmed off the edge), Making Memories paper, and some brown ric-rac. I accidentally let the card fall into the ink pad (d'oh!) so DH (yep - the dickhead) suggested I cover the back of the card with some extra polka dot paper. Not a bad suggestion after all! This also added some stability to the card, as Bazzill can be a bit flimsy. For the word "four" I used some metal letters I bought from a gorgeous little shop called Cinnamon Country. They have some papercraft supplies, but mostly these adorable decorations for around the house - all american and a bit folky, but I've picked up some fabulous pieces from there, and they have excellent sales a couple of times a year (they call them "Yard Sales" of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!