Sunday 5 June 2011

A tea party layout

This is a bright layout to suit a photo of children:


It started of with a 12x12 sheet of polka dot kraft (Rope Swing) and a black and white photo of my friend Bev's grandchildren.  I cut the central mat with one of the Grand Nestabilities dies, and injected some colour into that with some bright stitching:



The Thickers fabric alpha I used was pink in another life, but I coloured the letters with my B29 Copic marker, and it's now bright blue. I was amazed at the coverage - have I told you how much I love Copics? LOL

I used some beautiful bright paper from Simple Stories to cut circles and scalloped circles to hold the names of the children, and connected these to the respective child with bright blue Bazzill floss. The names were computer generated with a cool font called Calvin and Hobbs. I love it for projects involving children.


A list of all the Spellbinders dies and Bazzill products I used can be found on the Down Under Direct Inspiration Blog.

Thanks for stopping by - and a huge thanks to Bev for the gorgeous photo!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love the bright colors, the stitching and the floss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it's like one of those maps that you stick the pin into!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!