Thursday 24 September 2009

A baptism

Earlier this month we celebrated my nephew's baptism. Now, I consider baptism a pretty stressful day for all concerned, but especially the poor little baby. Nap times get missed, the kid gets passed around from person to person, kissed by everyone and generally get pulled completely out of routine. The poor little tike gets upset and then there are tears and tantrums (from the parents too!).
Well not my nephew Lucas - he was all smiles. In fact, I'll go as far as saying I've never seen him happier. I think he'll grow up to be a politician!

Here he is in all his finery (everytime I called him Austin he'd giggle):


and here are the invitations I made:


and here is the card I made for him:



and here are the dinosaur canvases I made:


I used Basic Grey Archaic papers and chipboard shapes. I got the idea from a local scrap shop Scrapper's Warehouse - I've been eyeing off their sample for months, and I finally found occasion to buy the stuff and make my own (in my own style of course!).

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Teresa, you are way too artistic! Love the canvases, they are sooooo cute, just like your nephew. I'll swap him for one sooky, tantrum throwing 8 yr old girl. Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!