Wednesday 6 September 2017

Butterflies Background stamp from Darkroom Door


Hi folks!

Darkroom Door has added to their awesome collection of Background Stamps...Butterflies 😍

Here's my first sample:


I stamped  the Butterflies Background with Versamark ink, then using a soft brush, spread some gold mica powder over the stamped image. I put a very rough, one-handed video up on my Instagram account of this part of the process.

It's a little difficult to capture the shimmer, but here's a close up:


Supplies:
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments stamp set
Versamark ink
Cardstock: Kraft, black

 I went for a softer look for my second sample:


I initially stamped the Butterflies Background with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink, but found it a little too bright, so I stamped it again - first with Archival Watering Can, then the Cracked Pistachio over the top.
The sentiment was embossed with silver onto vellum so that the lovely background could still be seen under it. I then added a few sparkly diamentes to finish it off.

Supplies:
Darkroom Door Brushed Sentiments stamp set
Archival ink: Watering Can
Distress Oxide ink: Cracked Pistachio
Versamark ink
Cardstock: white, black, green, vellum
Adhesive diamentes: mint

Last but not least:



I stamped the Butterflies Background using a light grey ink, then coloured just one butterfly in using Picked Raspberry Distress Marker. I highlighted this one butterfly even more with Stickles and some pink cord, flowers and some diamentes.
The quote comes from the Lovely Ladies stamp set, and it's a nice reminder to embrace what makes us special.

Supplies:
Archival ink: Shadow grey, Watering Can
Embossing powder: pink
Stickles: Icicle
Distress Marker: Picked Raspberry
Pink cord
White flowers
Adhesive diamentes
Cardstock: white, black, pink

I hope you've enjoyed what I made with the Butterflies Background stamp. Thanks for dropping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!