Saturday 13 April 2013

Queen of Tea and Cake Tag

I do love the idea of inviting friends around for afternoon tea. Or morning tea. Or whatever, as long as tea and cake are involved.

I found the perfect image in 100 Proof Press's extensive catalogue.  Meet Queen of Tea and Cake:

I made her into a tag with a shabby chic/vintage feel. I stamped her with Coffee Archival Ink, then made the background using Distress Inks on a craft sheet. A little lace, a seam binding bow and velvet ribbon together with some KaiserCraft flowers complete the look.  Here's a close up of the background:


That pink image is called Beet, and I inked it up with my Worn Lipstick Distress Marker and stamped it into the background to add a little colour to it.

I think I fell in love with the Queen image because it's sort of Marie Antoinette-ish, so I chose this SRM sticker for the sentiment. 

Done! Now to plan a menu and a little group of friends, and we can call it a party! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Teresa - very shabby and so cool! Great image and gorgeous details! It would be lovely to do Tea and Cake with you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!