Saturday 21 July 2012

Christmas in July

My children asked 'why'?  I laughed.  How could I explain to them that this was a way to enjoy good times with friends in winter instead of summer, and at a less crazy time of year? They know Christmas as a wonderful time, filled with good times with family and gift giving and too much food. It's nice to be able to do those things at any time of year, isn't it?

When our ATC group got together to exchange Christmas gifts in July a couple of weeks ago, we sure did have fun. I was concentrating on not forgetting anything, and then forgot my camera :( 

We each had a Kris Kringle and we had to make a gift for that person. This is what I made for Kerry (I heard she likes Paris LOL):


While I was on the Twiddleybitz DT, the unbelievably talented Carol made one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen. My piece was based on Carol's piece, with some changes of course. Thanks Carol for the inspiration! All the chipboard is from Twiddleybitz, stuck in place with gel medium then painted and glittered. This took days to make - only because the gel medium took that long to dry.

Here are the little hearts I made for everyone to hang on their tree:


I used the giant heart shape from a pack of Grungeboard as a stencil. The fabric is calico and the gingham comes from Cinnamon Country. The stamp is from the All Occasions set from Darkroom Door. I whipped up a baker's dozen in an afternoon. I think I'll make sets of these to give as gifts at Christmas in December.

I was the lucky recipient of a beautifully decorated heart printer's tray from Barb. I haven't had a chance to take a photo of it yet - it went straight on display in the craft room :)

Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!