Wednesday 6 June 2012

New Darkroom Door Archway stamp

Darkroom Door's new release of stamps includes some cool frame stamps. Here's what I did with the Archway stamp:


Firstly, I stamped the archway onto white cardstock with Stone Gray StazOn ink, and gave it a wash with Old Paper Distress Stain. I sponged a little Pumice Stone Distress Ink onto it too - it really brought out some amazing detail in the image.

I cut the centre out of it and placed a Love Letters Photochip behind it. I added a little butterfly (from a Kaiser 6x6 pad), some moss and some flowers.  I mounted all this onto some grey cardstock that was embossed with the Tim Holtz bricked embossing folder.

When I get a chance I might even dig out my old wedding photos and see how one of those goes in the archway! I reckon a quote would be awesome in there too.

I will have more work with the new stamps to show over the next few days. Don't forget to check out the Darkroom Door blog as well as the blogs of the other Creative Team members for more ideas.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous dearie!!! Just wanted to say again congrats on making the cover on Take Ten Summer....yahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!