Wednesday 26 October 2011

silhouette and cameo cards

These are the cards from a class I ran a week or two ago. The theme was sillhouettes (or cameos).

This first one uses a cameo from some Jenni Bowlin paper. Unfortunately, the shape of the oval on the paper didn't fit any of my Nestabilities dies exactly, but leaving a large enough pink border around it, and layering it on a black scalloped oval no one would know. If you look really closely you can see that I've used one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags dies to emboss under the cameo:
 


This next one uses a Unity image stamped with StazOn onto some mint green gloss paper. I embossed the background with a Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from a Darkroom Door set called Sweet Treats:


I used some Maya Road cameo chipboard pieces for this next one.  The oval directly under the cameo has been coloured with Precious Metal Colour available through Darkroom Door:


I used a Hero Arts cameo stamp for this next one. I did a kissing technique using one of the Tim Holtz reverse stamps to print some text onto the head.  I cut the image out with one of my new Nestabilities postage stamp dies.  With the die still in place, I sponged some ink around the image, and when I removed the die, a white border was left - just like a real stamp.


For this last card, I stamped the cameo in a frame image from the Teresa Collins Posh range, cut it out carefully, and put it in the centre of a big black daisy. Love the black and cream colour scheme - so elegant!


Thanks for dropping in today!


 

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, I especially like the one with the kissing technique & the postage die, so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!