Friday 19 December 2008

Basic Grey challenge

All this spare time I have I'm putting to good use. You see, I had a couple of wisdom teeth out yesterday so the whole family is on nursing duties. My face is a little swollen, and the pain is starting to kick in, but today I've been good - good enough to get some crafting done.

As always, my crafting involves the internet - reading all my emails, then all my feeds, and then a little blurfing (blog surfing). It was in performing this last activity that I discovered this blog. You know me - mention 'challenge' and I'm there!

Here is my entry - it can be used as a thank you card (after all the nursing care I'm getting I think a few of these are in order!). The theme was Going Green, so I used some beads I recycled from an old bracelet, and some ribbon rescued from a wonderfully wrapped present some time ago. The paper is from the Phoebe range.


and here's a close up of the beads:


Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh. I hope that you recover quickly without too much pain and discomfort.

    The beaded accent is really pretty.

    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I love the way you've matched the papers to suit the beads beuatifully.
    Thanks for joining us this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, I love the funky feel to it, the paper and beads go wonderfully well together. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card. Hope you are now feeling better ? Thank you for joining us in our challenge. Happy New Year.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, I love the bright feel to it, the paper and beads go so well together. Great Recycling! Hope you had a lovely New Year! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!