Friday 15 June 2012

Darkroom Door - Mr Bright Idea

This is another of the new collage stamps from Darkroom Door:



Isn't he gorgeous? His name is Mr Bright Idea. Here are a couple of projects I've made with him:

 

First up, a card. I stamped him onto some glassine paper with black Archival ink, and heated it with my heat gun until the waxy paper went 'wet". The image sort of 'sunk' into the paper - great to watch! I stitched this panel onto some black cardstock, mounted it onto some scrunched glassine (it looks like leather!) and then onto a black card. I then added some embellishments, including a Tim Holtz Plaquette number, some chain and fastener, and some chipboard cogs. I melted some embossing powder onto the cogs to resemble rust:



Next I made a tag:


The new collage stamps are just the right size for a size 8 tag. I stamped the whole image, and then cut and mounted parts of it. I punched a circle to fit the clock, and then tore it in a zig zag to resemble broken glass. I sponged it then added some Glossy Accents to make it shine a little.


 Love Mr Bright Ideas - he's the perfect Steampunk image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!