Saturday 10 March 2012

New Darkroom Door Measuring Tape Background

The word "awesome" came to mind when I saw this background stamp:


I can see this stamp being used heaps as a subtle background, but I love it so much I wanted it to be the main feature for this card:

 

I mounted some of the tapes onto scrap chipboard, inked the edges of them with Brushed Corduroy, and attached them to the front of the card with brads. The numbers are adhesive Thickers, also inked with Brushed Corduroy.

Check out the dimension:


 They look like the vintage wooden rulers I spent months hunting through junk yards for a couple of years back. I can make my own now *snort*.

So now this is a small amount of weight off my shoulders - my husband at last has a 40th birthday card from me. A couple of years late, but at least that's one thing I can tick off my list!

Godelieve has made a card using this same stamp - you can see it on the Darkroom Door blog.

Thanks for looking, and please check back next week for more projects using the new release stamps from Darkroom Door.

 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Teresa! I thought you borrowed some rulers from your husband's toolbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have sworn that I commented on how much I loved this card. Must be that encroaching senility...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!