Thursday 19 January 2012

Kite flying layout

This is a layout I did of my little niece Isabel. She's flying a kite at their local park on a bit of a windy day:


The journaling reads: "On this day the kite nearly flew Isabel!" She's my little Thumbelina - she's the tiniest, most delicate thing you'll ever see.

I used some denim fabric from an old pair of jeans as a mat for the photos to bring out the denim skirt Isabel is wearing.  It also adds some dimension and texture to the layout.

Because the kite didn't appear in any of these shots, I made one using some of the dies from the Nestabilities pennants sets:


The tail of the kite was made with cotton twine.

This scallop edge is so pretty - it's one of the Edgeabilities dies.


 You'll find all of the materials I used listed at the DownUnder Direct Inspiration Blog.  Thanks for looking!
 

2 comments:

  1. It's been awhile since I visited you, so first of all, "Happy New Year!"

    Secondly, your layout is fabulous. I especially love that kite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!