Wednesday 8 June 2016

Celebrating Stamping Mathilda

On the tenth anniversary of her blog, some artists from around the world a paying tribute to one very talented lady - Godelieve Tijskens (Stamping Mathilda).

Godelieve has been a huge inspiration to me since I first discovered her blog in 2006. It was then, and still is one of my favourite happy places on the internet. Back then she was playing with stamps from a company called justjohanna, so off I went and bought some justjohanna stamps of my own so I could create too. I was honoured to be selected to be on the justjohanna design team alongside my craft hero - I was speechless! Here are some of my cards from back then:


I now have the honour of calling her my creative team mate on another team - that of Darkroom Door. Not only does Godelieve continue to inspire me with her unbelievable talent, she has also designed some stamp sets that have automatically become favourites:




She crafts and posts to her blog on almost a daily basis, and I have loved watching her style develop and change over time. She is generous with her knowledge, posting many tutorials and revealing the techniques behind her beautiful work. Her photography is superb, and she has a blog that is separate from her craft blog to show her talents called Close Up.

Godelieve encompasses everything I love about this crafting community - outstanding creativity and a sharing nature. From her I have learned that it is more important to craft often than it is to craft a lot.

Godelieve - congratulations on a wonderful 10 years of blogging! I hope you know how loved you are around the world, and please please please keep doing what you're doing!


5 comments:

  1. Great cards and a great post for a blogland favourite! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another surprise here! Thank you very much.
    Time flies when you're having fun. I remember that you designed some great stamps for justjohanna too. Loved seeing those good old justjohanna cards you made. And of course it is nice to see what you do with the stamps I designed and everything else you create. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So warm to all these stories about you, justjohanna and Godelieve. I am happy to have the craft heros like her and you.
    By the way, your jj cards are so lovely! They made me want to play with the old cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were a justjohanna DT member once! Love the cards you're showing here.
    Wonderful tribute to Godelieve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the selection of cards you have shown. Godelieve's stamps are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!