Tuesday 25 March 2014

Crafty Organisation - Distress Ink Blending Sponges

How many fantastic ideas start with "I saw this on Pinterest......"? Well this post is about an idea I spotted and pinned to my Craft Storage Ideas board.

The pin came from the blog of Danielle Daws, and it's a fabulously handy way to store the blending sponges we use with Distress Inks.

Here's my previous storage system:


A colour chart, and plastic storage boxes with each sponge in its own little divider. Neat, but not so handy. Every time I wanted a new sponge I had to pull the box out of the shelf (I had two boxes, and I was always pulling out the wrong one...Murphy's Law, right?).

Here's the new system:


Very accessible, and very pretty.  I stamped each colour using a Prima washi tape stamp in 5 x 5cm squares, laminated the sheet and added half a Velcro dot to hold the sponge in place.

Now I just need to make some wall space so these can hang right where I need them.

A morning well spent I say! Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Neat idea indeed! Mine all live in a shoe box! Not sure I have the space to store the sheets!! A folder would be good.....mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Yes - a folder would be good. The sheets are laminated, so there's no problem with the ink making too much of a mess if they are stacked on top of each other. Do let me know how you go!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!